Prevailing Wind Power walks you through every step of the process. The following steps should give you a good idea of how we work.
- Site Walk - CALL
310-529-5217 to schedule a site visit.
- PWP will ask a few questions by phone to see if you are a good candidate for wind power. For example, what size is your lot? Unobstructed area? Good wind?
- We will call your local planning department to determine if zoning allows for a wind turbine.
- We will look at a site map online, to get familiar with the terrain.
- PWP will then visit your site to check average wind speed, ideal location for a turbine, and note location of utility meters for grid connection.
- Cost Estimate
- We will provide a written estimate of cost for you to buy the system, including permitting and professional installation.
- A purchase agreement will be provided for your review.
- Once you decide to go forward, a signed agreement and deposit will be requested.
- Our engineers will make site map drawing of the equipment installation to obtain building permits.
- PWP visits local or county permit authority for your area to obtain permits.
- We work with your utility to arrange for a net-metering agreement.
- Once we have a permit, we can begin the installation.
- We will arrange for a licensed contractor to dig the hole for the turbine foundation, and for a licensed cement contractor to pour the foundation.
- Tower & Turbine (Wind)
- After the foundation has cured, a licensed contractor will install the tower and turbine and connect the system to the grid or battery storage, as designed. After final inspection, the turbine is ready to go!