There are some risks associated with the adaptation of wind power generation.
- Financial, the main risk
- We have researched the most cost-effective wind turbines. If we cannot offer you a cost per kilowatt hour that is less than what you are currently paying the utility, we'll stop right there.
- Equipment failure
- The equipment has a 5 year manufacturer's warranty and Prevailing Wind Power will handle all maintenance issues during the warranty period.
- Most of the turbines we sell have an expected life of 20 to 25 years, with very little interim maintenance.
- The wind does not generate as much power as estimated
- If you are concerned about the wind speed in your area, you can test it with a wind meter that will store data over a period of time.
Here is a reliable wind meter from Kestrel: Kestrel 4000
- The local county or city will not allow towers
- Permitting is part of the installation process, which is PWP's responsibility to administer and pay for.
- What if the customer does not like it?
- We think you will love saving money and the environment with wind power, but if not, the equipment can be easily removed.